HUDSON WEST FEST - An Americana/Folk/Roots music festival in downtown Jersey City
Announcing our 2023 Performers!
This year’s festival continues its diverse musical taste with Americana, Folk, Gospel/Soul, New Orleans Jazz/Brazilian and traditional Celtic music. Along with 10 performing groups, Hudson West Fest has gorgeous stage backdrops - original art creations. Wonderful, homemade, ethnic foods will be served, and a bar is available for drinks. As always, the popular, free music workshops (with admission) will be presented by the festival's performing artists. On Saturday, September 23rd, this music festival will entertain, inspire, and move you. Tickets are $35 online, $40 at the door.
Contact: Gidge Miller / Gidge@HudsonWestFest.org / www.HudsonWestFest.org
- 8 musical groups of diverse musical styles from across the U.S. will blow your socks off - See biographies and videos below or at: www.hudsonwestfest.org/Performers
- 2 NEW local artists will show you why they won our county-wide Talent Search to find the best, up-and-coming talent in our community.
- Great food & drink - Spotlight on refugees: We’re proud to be working with Welcome Home Jersey City to bring in refugee chefs to present mouth-watering ethnic specialties.
- FREE workshops, provided by the Hudson West performers, in improvisational singing (a popular favorite), percussion, social justice songwriting, and exploring culturally diverse musical styles. See our workshops at: www.hudsonwestfest.org/music-workshops
- Downtown Jersey City at The Nimbus Arts Center, a state-of-the-art performance space (map)
- Saturday, September 23, 2023: Noon to 10 PM
- Only what the joy of live music can bring: “The magic of live music is that when it happens right, it becomes more than the song. It brings a room together.” Dylan Schroth, 2017
- Hudson West Fest also provides music education through its free music workshops, gives opportunities to up and coming local musicians through its Talent Search and Open Mic programs and provides free gallery space for visual artists.
hudson west fest 2023 performers
The Chivalrous Crickets
PERFORMER PHOTOS & BIOS
David Garland of WNYC radio in New York put it eloquently when he said “As Grey Reverend, LD Brown makes compelling songs with reverence for the grey, undeﬁned areas of style, and without concern for standard musical, or social expectations.”
A modern bluesman…
Grey Reverend music has been showcased on MTV, ABC, NBC, HBO, BBC and other networks worldwide, and has been featured on NPR’s All Things Considered, as well as The Huffington Post
The spirit of jazz. The bounce of Mardi Gras. The energy of Carnival. Music that uplifts the soul and connects the past with the future. Nation Beat takes off with be-bop-via-Brazil drumming; propelled by percussive bursts of New Orleans-flavored brass. But forget the musical history; this is music to move you, music to make you dance.